Metal Packaging wins at Starpack Student and Schools Awards

The Metal Packaging Manufacturers Association scooped two ‘Best in Show’ awards at the Starpack Student and Schools Awards presented in London.

The Student Starpack ‘Best in Show’ Award, for students in higher education, was won by Daniel Pickerell of Solihull College. Daniel’s entry comprised a speciality gift pack for a ‘new luxury vodka’. Daniel’s entry also received a Starpack Gold Award, plus the £500 first prize awarded by category sponsor, Metal Packaging Manufacturers Association (MPMA).

The metal packaging category of the Schools Starpack Awards, sponsored by Canned Food UK, was won by Kelsey Fuss from Reigate School of Art at East Surrey College. Students, aged 16-18, were challenged to create a ‘Space Meal in a Can’. Fuss’s pack won the Starpack Gold Award and also went on to win Best in Show.

Judges in both metal packaging classes included representatives from Crown Aerosols and Speciality Packaging, Europe; and MPMA.

“We were delighted to see both metal packing categories take the two ‘Best in Show’ Awards; it really is a great accolade and highlights the tremendous creative and design versatility of metal as a packaging medium,” said William Boyd, director and chief executive, MPMA.

Related content