Rexam Supplier Awards winners announced
The 11th annual Rexam Supplier Awards saw over 45 suppliers from across Europe, Asia and the Middle East come together to celebrate the achievements of those in their industry. The event was held at the Grove Hotel in Hertfordshire, UK.
Suppliers were recognized in three categories, Supply, Quality and Cost. The ‘Supplier of the Year’ prize was also awarded, alongside two winners for ‘The Rexam Way Award’ that is given to suppliers who consistently demonstrate Rexam’s core values of Trust, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Recognition.
Alex Jennings, chief procurement officer for Rexam, says, “At Rexam, we’re proud of the strong relationships we have built with our suppliers. Effective collaboration is essential to provide our own customers with cost-effective, sustainable and innovative packaging solutions for their beverage brands. We feel it’s important to recognise the suppliers who go the extra mile and year-after-year deliver consistent performance in all areas of our Supplier Excellence Programme.”
The awards went to:
- JCL received the Supply Award for its innovative approach and support of Rexam’s Pre & Post Production, helping the team to receive zero complaints in 2013.
- Henkel received the Quality Award for consistently sustaining its level of world class performance. It was noted for regular plant visits and monthly reporting which enables the team to identify potential issues and take a productive approach to solutions.
- Sandvik received the Cost Award for significantly exceeding its cost reduction targets by participating in projects linked with Rexam’s sustainability strategy and taking an innovative approach to recycling initiatives.
- Quaker won the prestigious Supplier of the Year Award by working closely with Rexam to develop and align a product range which meets Rexam’s changing needs.
- Alcoa was one of two suppliers to be awarded The Rexam Way. Its unique collaborative approach, which was taken when faced with many challenges, was noted to sustain and grow the business.
- Actega was also awarded The Rexam Way; it regularly ranks highly in Rexam’s performance leader board for delivering consistent performance, as well as its collaborative approach to value added activity.