What we’re looking for
2022 Asia CanTech Award Winners Image: Bell Publishing
We’ve had a few queries as to what we’re looking for in entries to this year’s Asia CanTech awards, so I thought I’d use this week’s blog to outline some of the criteria, to give you a better idea.
- Cans that dazzle – Does your can showcase a special ink/texture/printing technique?
- Helping cans – Does your can have a special opening feature, that benefits the user and/or the product inside?
- ‘Green’ cans – Have you saved energy during your can’s production, used lightweighting or another method of saving material? This is an opportunity to show off your can’s sustainability credentials.
- Shaped cans – The gifting segment really highlights the technologies available for can shaping. How does your can effectively showcase the product it was made for, and what are its unique features?
- Cans for brands – Was your can used for a particular campaign? How did it successfully showcase the message?
- Never seen before cans – The jury want to be wow’ed! Your can doesn’t necessarily need to showcase something ‘new,’ but maybe it flips a previous idea on its head, or offers a new perspective.
At Asia CanTech 2023, we will also announce a Supreme Winner, which is chosen from the winning cans of each category. Last year’s winner was Crown Food Thailand, with its Golf Ball Can, which not only showcased a unique design, produced to help avoid damage during transportation and anti-counterfeiting, but also a reduction in carbon footprint during its production. If your can combines many benefits and special features like this, it could be in with a chance of winning big in October.
As a reminder, the awards is open to all can and end makers who operate in or supply the Asia Pacific region. This year’s categories are:
- Beverage two-piece
- Beverage three-piece
- Food two-piece
- Food three-piece
- General Line
We want to see as many cans as possible, because our jury likes a challenge when it comes to picking the winners!
As before, the award winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner held at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers in Bangkok, on 31 October 2023.
Click here to submit your can.
Wishing you luck with your entries!
- Alex Rivers (she/her), CanTech International editor
Keep in touch via email: [email protected] Twitter: @CanTechIntl or LinkedIn: CanTech International magazine.